[Wine] problem with wineprefixcreate...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 13 12:08:57 CST 2010

I've noticed this for awhile, but always just.. put up with it... but I really would like an actual fix.

if I call wineprefixcreate, and the wineprefix did not exist at all, it never works right.  It starts, and creates 2 of the .reg files, and a windows folder with a system32 folder, and a couple of files, but far from the whole wineprefix, then just ends like its done.

if I immediately run wineprefixcreate again right after it gets "done" the first time, then it *usually* finishes the job and creates the whole wineprefix. (usually, a few times I have had to run it 3 or 4 times)

I know wineprefixcreate is considered depreciated, but this problem also happens with the default automatic creation.

If my prefix doesn't exist and i run something, it always autocreates a ~/.wine just fine, without fail...  if I have my wineprefix set to a custom location and not ~/.wine, then it fails just the same as using wineprefixcreate.

its really odd...

I first noticed it somewhere back in the 1.1.20s and it happens through current versions, on Mac OS X, 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 ....

anyone else played with anything like this much to notice it?