[Wine] Missing controls in Garmin software setup

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Wed Jan 13 06:38:17 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 06:42:43AM +0200, Gert van den Berg wrote:
> If it needs drivers to talk to the GPS device, Wine won't work, except
> maybe for USB-to-serial devices... (If the GPS is accessed as
> mass-storage there might be hope as well...)

We are not yet here!  The programm has some use even without the
actual device (USB) and the problem occures in the very first step
of the *installer* of the program.  Please have a look at

   http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/attachments/20100112/3be1cbc0/attachment.png

Because somebody mentioned console output would be more important
I provide it here (but I doubt it will help much):

$ wine MapSource_6157.exe
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/tillea/.wine'
ALSA lib ../../../src/seq/seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/tillea/.wine' has been updated.

The executable in question can be downloaded at

    http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

Remark: You actually need the CD version to be installed first before
an upgrade is possible but the problem I would like to show can be
seen even here - there are just no controls to handle any input.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de