[Wine] Re: problem with wineprefixcreate...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 14 18:05:00 CST 2010

James Mckenzie wrote:
> doh123:
> What happens when you use the environment variable WINEPREFIX?

I said I figured it out in the previous post... its I was setting up in a folder that already existed that still had a .update-timestamp file in it.. which was throwing off and having it only partially make what needed to be made. Making it to a new folder, or deleting the .update-timestamp, fixes the problem.  I just didn't know that file existed until I started looking a lot closer.

I don;t get the love of hidden files with wine... like ~/.wine ... WHY??? why not ~/wine  ????and update-timestamp has to be hidden? oh well, at least I know why the prefix wouldn't create right, its just weird that it creates some things, but not everything.