[Wine] C++ and Steam question

penguin5 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 14 19:04:24 CST 2010

Today I installed Wine Version: 1.1.36-0ubuntu1 (wine1.2) and steam. I got the flash working on steam and got the IE6 to support it. I also installed winetricks. When I try to play a game called Torchlight i get the following message: Runtime Error! R6034 an application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

Under wine add/remove programs it says i have C++2005, C++2008 and another version of C++2008. Might this all be an issue due to some sort of interference? I tried removing one of the C++ installations but I get an error saying that the program encountered an error.

Any help would be appreciated. I just want to make steam work properly and load Torchlight in this case. Thanks.