[Wine] wine and network files sharing

evosoft wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 15 04:11:56 CST 2010

We have a Windows application that uses shared archive files in local network: one computer acts as server and stores the physical archive files and all clients connect to that server with samba for directly reading and writing archive files in multiple access.

For file managing the application uses the Windows API:
CreateFile, CloseHandle, LockFile, UnlockFile, SetFilePointer, ReadFile, WriteFile, FlushFileBuffers.

We tried to run this application by Windows and wine 1.0.1 on some linux (fedora e ubuntu) and macosx clients and we got data corruption.
We noted that wine caches data locally and overrides data updated by other clients.
We dislike this behaviour very much because the rest of application functionalities work very fine (except some small GUI issues): this Windows application has about 200,000 code lines.

Is anybody that can help us?

Thanks in advance

Paolo Bagnoli