[Wine] First time Ubuntu 9.10 user trying to install wine-1.1.36.

Andrew Fenn andrewfenn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:38:08 CST 2010

If you have an RJ45 cable you could share the internet connection on
your laptop over to your Desktop. This documentation should give you
some pointers on how to do that..
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Internet/ConnectionSharing

I should mention though that it was written assuming both your
computers are using Linux so maybe you have to skip some of these
steps.

Another thing you could do is go to http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and
download the package from there. If you have already done that and
installed it try doing "wine --version". If it comes up with the
version number then it's already installed.

If you're still having problems you could try building from source and
installing that way. Perform the command detailed in section 2.2 of
this guide to download the code.. http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine ..
and then see this page for compiling and installing it.
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/installing-wine-source