[Wine] Re: Message: "HTML rendering is currently disabled"

Jon47 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 18 20:22:00 CST 2010

James McKenzie wrote:

> You may need to install Firefox to access Steam games, maybe?
> James McKenzie

Hmm.. why would that be?
I can play the games just fine, I'm just having trouble using the browser in steam to browse the web store.

I can work around this by browsing the web store in a browser running natively, then installing new games by finding their id and running something like this:

Code:
wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/Steam.exe -applaunch [game_id]

but the optimal solution would be to get the browser in Steam working.