[Wine] Wine Installation issues on Snow Leopard

Iamapplenerd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 19 10:16:14 CST 2010

Firstly, hello and thank you for attempting to come to my rescue, I am in need of your assistance.  With that said please let me share this problem in hopes of a possible solution.

Recently, I installed and configured MacPorts successfully.  However I receive a warning from my terminal when I try and install wine using MacPorts.  I command my terminal as follows - sudo port install wine-devel.  It seems to recognize the command because it then asks for a password, I insert the correct password.  Then my terminal responds:
Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
Error: Port wine-devel not found
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get complete output.

I am a terminal abecedarian and I do not understand what -d flag means.  Nor do I know how to sync my source indexes.  Why can't terminal find Port wine-devel? How can I achieve these terms my terminal commands of me?

Lastly, you should know, I have every system requirement to support Wine on my Macbook Pro.  Intel processor, access to admin account with password, Apple Xcode and X11.  All of the versions of software are compatible with my OS, Snow Leopard 6.2, and they are currently updated. Thank you for your time and consideration, as it is greatly appreciated.