[Wine] Multi users

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:55:57 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Jim Hall <volunteer.jim at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:38 AM, nukartaannguaq
> <wineforum-user at winehq.org>wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking about. Like they was 3-6 users per computer and i have
>> Microsoft Office 2007 but it only shows on one user :( and i don't what to
>> install to all users one at time...
>>

> I believe you'll have to. Wine still has no multi user install, only per
> user. That's a disadvantage to your situation, but once you do it you may be
> able to automate updates and program installs as mentioned above.

Would aufs work? I mean you install it under 1 user 1 time in a shared
location then fix the permissions. Then make this the read only part
of the union with a rw part somewhere in the users home and then mount
the aufs filesystem in each users home as drive_c. pam_mount can help
with this mounting.

John