[Wine] Re: Lineage II and MS Office 2003 issues. OpenSuse 11.2

damian_suse wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 20 18:37:34 CST 2010

I did it! Game working! Still i have a problem but first i will paste here How-to from ubuntu forums.

if anyone will need it so here u are
(I had to translate it into english because it was i polish language. Excuse me if i made some mistake.)

Before start i must say that i used wine-1.1.36 version.

Installation

Before begin i recommend to uninstall previous version of wine and delete catalog with configuration (/home/user/.wine)

1. Download two patches:
- AGP -> http://rm.pp.ru/dl/wine/patches/0001...OCALVIDM.patch
- Camera Fix -> http://rm.pp.ru/dl/wine/patches/Mous...wnHackV4.patch
3. We need a source wine -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine...r.bz2/download
If u want to install different version of wine u can find it here -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Source/
4. Decompress the source of wine
5. Paste patches to wine main directory
6. In console type (make it for both patches): patch -p1 -N < patch_name.patch
7. Then type: ./configure --prefix=/usr
8. Next command is (it will take few minutes): make depend && make
9. That's almost finish. Now u need only to install it, make it typing: sudo make install

After first run some program through wine catalog with wine configuration will be created.  (/home/user/.wine)

CONFIGURATION

1.In console type regedit
2.Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DirectInput if catalog don't exist DirectInput so create it. Click right mouse button on 'wine' and choose new key.
3. Click on DirectInput then on the right side click new->text data
4. Use this name MouseWarpOverride and this value rmb
5. Close regedit and run the game (command wine l2.exe game directory) - there is no agp error and camera works correctly.
6. Edit file /etc/security/limits.conf
7. at the end change:
Code:
# End of file
for Code:
* hard nofile 16383
# End of file
8. Save file.

PROBLEMS

- Sometimes during l2 launch may display message about corrupted DirectX and that u need install version 8.1

1. U need download program l2encodec form here http://dstuff.l2wh.com/ and decompress it to system dir in your game directory
2. In console type: wine l2encdec.exe -d l2.ini l2dec.ini
3. Edit file l2dec.ini
4. Find entry D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice next in line with UseHardwareTL and UseHardwareVS change value from True to False.
5. Save changes and type wine l2encdec.exe -e 413 l2dec.ini l2.ini

Now, what is my problem?
Sometimes (too often) while i trying run the game it wont. Wine "tell me"

Code:
damian at linux-1sbg:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Lineage II/system> wine l2.exe
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x1b18236) using GetSystemInfo()
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0x1b80e97): Stub!
fixme:process:GetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,0x32efe8,0x32efe4): stub
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e724,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e7cc,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32a384,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0x56c2ab9): Stub!
AL lib: pulseaudio.c:386: Context did not get ready: Connection refused

I'm a begginer but i think that is openal problem. What do you recomment me to solve the problem? :)