[Wine] wine Outlook 2007 cannot log on network error

sonic6567 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 22 15:13:09 CST 2010

Hello,

I got Outlook 2007 installed via wine on ubuntu 9.10 and everything seemed to install fine. It appears to run fine also.

But when i try to create a new exchange account i have a problem.

I enter my exchange server and mailbox name then click check name.

An error immediately pops up:

Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The operation failed.

What I should see instead is a "windows' domain authentication box asking for my domain username and password.

So I am suspecting some kind of wine networking/domain issue.

As a test, I installed via crossover and it working great.

Any help?

Thanks
Ben