[Wine] Re: how to disable root / filesystem access

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 22 19:30:35 CST 2010

Wine already acts "like Windows" whether or not access to / is given...

The real question is - does it pose a new security issue? Removing Z: used to effectively sandbox your Wine system so it can't access things outside ~/.wine, but I just managed to open something in /etc without any problem whatsoever, so this sandboxing seems to be gone now. I agree that this should be 'fixed' when the user removes the Z drive (don't think it's possible in current Wine).