[Wine] Re: Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

lsmod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 24 04:07:38 CST 2010

> Unless those drivers just open up access to some I/O ports from within kernel.

Yes - that's what i mean.
We only need the possibility to access the I/O ports in NT+ emulations.

It seems that most of the applications are using this free driver:
http://lcdhype.condense.de/stuff/lcdhype/portdriver_custom.zip

And in LCDHype this two functions are used:

Code:
UCHAR DLPORT_API
DlPortReadPortUchar(
    IN ULONG Port
    );

VOID DLPORT_API
DlPortWritePortUchar(
    IN ULONG Port,
    IN UCHAR Value
    );

Here we only need a workaround to implement this two access methods.
With this driver or with an own one. Or with a workaround.
Is it possible to get direct access to /dev/lp0 in wine in NT+ emulations?

Of course i understand that it is to much work to implement this I/O kernel stuff for only some applications who need this.
But on the other hand I/O access in wine is only possible for applications which are designed below NT+ now. That's really not the standard 2010.
And the question is which applications are interesting to run in wine?