[Wine] Re: Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

lsmod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 25 10:15:34 CST 2010

Thank you for the explanation.

I already created these symlinks in .wine/dosdevices.
But are they necessary?
The keys in the registry are pointing direct to the port 378h and the Testprogramm also attempts to write direct to this address.

In my tests there where no error message and i have done this tests with my personal user and not as root.
I am running Debian Lenny (stable) and here the group lp exists.
Now i added my user to this group.

In the next step i will try to measure if write attempts will cause toggling the signals on the data bits.

Have i understand correct that your proposal with the daemon and socket is for running the application in NT+ emulation?