[Wine] Wine doesn't work with any application running from CD / DVD

hyperhelium wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 26 02:35:09 CST 2010

I'm using wine (1.1.37) in Ubuntu Karmic and I can't install original software from a CD/DVD. Set-up.exe won't run because I need "Administrator privileges" or I need to be logged as an administrator.

I've searched exhaustively for a solution, but I have only found more and more people complaining about the same problem when trying to run either a game or any other software. No thread with a solution though.

I found an answer from Holly Bostick explaining the reason for this problem, apparently being windows version.