[Wine] Re: Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

lsmod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 26 06:46:10 CST 2010

1) When the application will run in "Windows ME" emulation it would be the easiest way to do this.
   But i have seen more problems than in the "Windows 2000" emulation.

2) I asked to change the testprogram, so i hope we can test this.

3) Every workaround is really far away from the original application and should be the last option.
   The goal was to use the existing engine and drivers to access an graphic LCD-display.
   If there is much to do in Linux stuff, it would be better to develope in the real linux project.
   http://ssl.bulix.org/projects/lcd4linux/

Another question:
Normally there is shown important system information on an LCD-Display.
This information is normally grabbed via the Windows "performance helper api".
In Linux nearly all of this information can be grabbed via shell commands from the system.
Is it possible to submit a shell command in wine and fetch the output?

Karsten