[Wine] Trouble getting Railroad Tycoon 3 to work

BobTheBull wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 27 12:35:07 CST 2010

According to the appdb this program is platinum and should install and run without any problem. There were no special instructions, only a reference to a securom bug. But several users reported it working fine, including on on Jan 10, 10 with 1.1.36

However, when I try to run it I get a no cd drive message. I installed a no-cd patch and then get a dialog box with no message and only an 'OK' box to click. I installed the program in VirtualBox with the no cd patch and it runs but always locks up after a few minutes.

Using Wine 1.1.37 in opensuse 11.2, kde 4.3.4. Does anybody have any ideas?