[Wine] Re: Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

lsmod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 28 04:46:23 CST 2010

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> Read this:
> http://logix4u.net/Legacy_Ports/Parallel_Port/Inpout32.dll_for_Windows_98/2000/NT/XP.html
>
> Download InpOut32.dll and try using it with one of the test programs
> referenced from it. If that works, you're home and dry. Just change
> LCDHype and its dll to work with InpOut32.dll

That sounds good.
I hope ViRuSTriNiTy will make a testprogram with it.

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> I think they are very simple functions that make direct access to parallel ports for DOS/Windows systems.

Of course.
But the question was how to access /dev/lp0 in wine with an Windows compiler?
I think the only way is to patch the libraries.

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> Actually, there's rather a lot available and its rather easy to find.

I also find this - but i am always skeptical to rely on this, when i see that this information is very old and for kernel 2.4.
Too many things have changed.
Specially the interfacing with udev in kernel 2.6

Karsten