[Wine] Re: Wine - query

pickles95 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 29 16:23:02 CST 2010

OK thanks for the replies.

If I've understood correctly:

1. Best to try with the nvidia Proprietary drivers first, then try the nv (OS non 3D) ones after if the first drivers fail.
2. Try the game with Wine 'as is', then try to add DX either from the games setup itself, or from Winetricks if it fails with basic Wine.
3. If it still don't run then tough for now, its not compatible.

Is this basically correct?

I'm heading off to the Wiki for lots of reading. I've managed to get things like PaintShopPro V4.14 and MS PPViewer running, but not had much luck with any games yet. Still, its fun learning.