[Wine] All Applications Failing on Start

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 31 10:42:51 CST 2010

thistimearound wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>>  Looks like a couple of functions that need to be implemented in Wine's D3D.  However, you did state the program works, but does it have full functionality?
>>

> Seems to have full functionality. I disabled sound earlier, so I haven't checked that yet, but I did quickly blaze through the first couple levels. As with all of these programs I have either used them extensively or beat them. So by all accounts, I'd know if they're working "normal" and this one seemed to be so far.

You might want to set the sound system in winecfg to ALSA and disable
pulseaudio.  This seems to fix most of the sound problems found in Linux.

> As for winnet, idk what that is. I'm looking into it. Thanks again.

Please do.  Also please update entries in Wine's Applications Database
with your findings.  It does help to know what is and is not 'broken'.

James McKenzie