[Wine] Authorize Final Draft Program From USB Stick Instead of CD

doogiekd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 31 19:44:21 CST 2010

hi all,

i have a legal copy of final draft 6, screenwriting software.

the problem:

support for v6 ended on dec 2009.

new installations require an authorization code from the vendor. no code is available from the vendor because support for the version 6 has ended.

vendor states you can install final draft and run the program with the original cd in the drive to bypass the authorization process.

i am using a netbook (acer aspire one) that does not have a cd drive.

i copied the final draft cd on to a usb stick and installed it on my netbook without any problem.

HOWEVER, the program starts and requests that i place the original cd in the drive in order to bypass authorization. (don't have that on my netbook).

how can i get the program to look at the usb stick instead of the cd drive?

note: i installed the program (legal to install on two computers) on my ubuntu desktop and the program works fine under wine. it recognizes the cd (a copy, because i don't want to wear the original out).

Thanks,

doogiekd