[Wine] how to run programs on Mac OS X

Karl Muller karlmuller3 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 08:58:02 CDT 2010

Hi

I'm a new mac user, and I'm a little lost.
I've downloaded WINE and successfully used it to install a program called MATLAB R2007b 7.5 (it's a program for science/engineering stuff).

Under the Program Files in the WINE directory I've got my matlab folder, but it doesn't have a .exe file, the main program file is a .lnk. If I use WINE to run this in the terminal command space it says:
wine: Bad EXE format for C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007b\MATLAB R2007b.lnk

There's also a .desktop file on my desktop, but that gives me the same thing:
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\Users\ksphere\Desktop\MATLAB R2007b.desktop

How do I run my program?

Cheers,
Karl