[Wine] Re: Tropico 3 on Mac OS X

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 4 17:39:03 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:
> doh123 wrote:
>
> > eh... people give it gold and platinum, but I haven't been able to do more than just get it hung at the loading screen forever trying something thats failing and timing out over and over... I tried several Wine versions, so not sure whats going on.
> >

> Is this program available as a demo somewhere?
>
> Doh123:  Can you run the 'normal' tests to see why this is hanging on
> MacOSX?  I don't think this is Gold/Plat on MacOSX, but runs just fine
> on Linux due to the known issues with Apple/XQuartz's missing X11
> functionality.
>
> James McKenzie

yeah, I just downloaded the demo off their website
http://www.tropico3.com/?p=downloads
I don't recall the error messages... I'll have to reinstall it later and see, I only tested it because the OP was trying to get it to work.  The install runs great.  I don't think there is anything missing in Xquartz that should prevent the game from running in a virtual desktop.