[Wine] Re: Question about Winetricks...

r2rX wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 5 18:16:50 CDT 2010

Hmm....

Well, until now, when I install WINE and install/uninstall winetricks (in synaptic package manager), the file always ends up in /usr/bin.

I even replaced the winetricks, in /usr/bin, with another one that had permissions set to my profile, but to no avail.

Although, the .wine folder IS in my home folder. And when I access /root/, I don't see a .wine folder.

But I did run winetricks as 'su', so that probably messed things up.

So, at this point, what is the necessary steps to correct this?

I'm planning on uninstalling WINE and winetricks completely, then reinstalling wine and manually placing winetricks in my /usr/local/bin folder (with permissions set to my profile) and try again.

If there's another (or a proper) way of doing it, let me know.

Thanks for the input guys. This is a mistake I will not make again in the future. :)

r2rX  :D