[Wine] copy Windows registry

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Jul 6 10:36:55 CDT 2010

On 2010-07-06 (July, Tuesday) 07:36:58 ahso wrote:
> hmm that's what i feared. Now i did once a wine install but after a Linux
>  update, FS9 refused to start! - FS9 has hundreds of addons ,so i want to
>  avoid such by all means.

	As I said, backup your Wine prefix (and never run program(s) in the backup
itself). And for big applications with many addo-ons/plug-ins you should use
separate Wine prefix for better stability (of course, you should backup it in
this case too; this is actually general rule for everything (any digital data):
if you don't backup something you will lose it eventually). If you have a
backup and upgrading to new Wine ruins Wine prefix restored from your working
backup then it can be debugged and fixed or you can temporary revert to older
version of Wine. Without a backup you may brake your Wine prefix without
possibility to restore it.