[Wine] Wine 1.2-rc6 crashes when run in 16bpp

biubidboy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 7 09:09:11 CDT 2010

Hello all
I, until recently, have been happily running the version of wine in the Ubuntu repositories. Unfortunately, I was having trouble running games that required 16bpp. I eventually found a way around this by creating a next X session in 16bpp, then running wine from this session. Having just upgraded to 1.2-rc6, I am disappointed to find that my wine can no longer be run in 16bpp, nor does it handle the applications correctly when in 24bpp. In 16bpp, whenever I run an application with wine, I get a message similar to this:

Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
  Serial number of failed request:  1067

I have a nVidia Corporation G94 [GeForce 9600 GT] graphics card, although I am running openGL with the Mesa software drivers, as my Ubuntu 10.04 installation is on a portable hard drive. Any help getting wine to run applications in 16bpp would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael.