[Wine] Re: IrfanView/IrfanPaint-Latest update doesn't save paint edits

emarkay wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 7 16:59:19 CDT 2010

dimesio wrote:

> emarkay wrote:
> >
> > ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/IrfanView$ wine start i_view32.exe
> >

> That's not the correct way to start it. Follow the instructions in the FAQ.

Eh?
"Change directory" to the folder where the program is located and run the .exe file using only its filename.
cd '.wine/drive_c/Games/Tron'
wine tron.exe"
=
".wine/drive_c/Program Files/IrfanView$" is the dir, and
"wine start i_view32.exe" starts it.

Oh and there may very well be a bug in WINE:
http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/showthread.php?6661-V4-27-IrfanPaint-no-longer-keeps-data%28removed-when-paint-closed%29&p=30835#post30835
Teh Devloper has tested it and posted information "over my head" on it.