[Wine] Torchlight Performance

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 11 11:08:52 CDT 2010

torahteen wrote:
> msvcrt90.dll is not located anywhere in .wine :?... There's various other msvcrt* and msvcr* files but not that one... Is that not supposed to be installed with vcrun2008?

Yes, it is supposed to be installed with VCRunTime2008.  Something is
broken with the install.  Can I ask that you try again in a new Wine
prefix?  There is two ways to do this:

Backup your existing Wine prefix and create a new one:

[code]

mv .wine{,.backup}
winetricks vcrun2008

[/code]

or you can use a different prefix

[code]

export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/WineVCRUN2008TEST

winetricks vcrun2008

[/code]

This is just to see if the file is created when you process the file

Also, you might want to create a logging file per the FAQ:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

James McKenzie