[Wine] Re: Simple application made with visual studio 2005 not running

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 11 12:41:48 CDT 2010

I think James is a bit confused; there no reason we can't run Visual
Studio or the apps it produces, as long as we fix enough bugs.

But the original poster is confused, too.
It doesn't matter whether the app is built with Visual Studio.
It matters more what ABI the app is written to or compiled to run against.

Your test app is a Managed C++ app.  Switch to non-managed, or native,
and you'll have better luck.

Also, your test app is compiled for debugging, which means you
need debugging libraries like msvcm80d.dll, which are only shipped
with Visual Studio; winetricks doesn't have a way to install them.

What are you really trying to do?