[Wine] Re: Simple application made with visual studio 2005 not running

fernandocarvalho wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 11 17:40:01 CDT 2010

That was my point. [Exclamation]
I think that wine will be enough when it start running production applications, like MS Office and AutoCAD, and games like Final Fantasy, Starcraft II and others.
This is what people miss on Unix systems, mainly on Linux.
So I wish to help in this way.
Applications like Disk Burners, DVD/Bluray players and other applications that rely on hardware support should be in the lowest priority of wine developers, becouse this kind of application are, in some way, replaced by applications that runs nativelly on Unix.
Maybe after this cycle of development in wine, we could focus on increasing compatibility with Visual Studio.
I think that it is a way that people can easily help debug wine, by submitting parts of their code, and telling what is going wrong.