[Wine] How many more RCs are you planning before wine-1.2?

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Jul 11 18:51:22 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 00:24, James_Huk <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> 3. As for PulseAudio - I don't want to start flame here but... is it really that hard to implement (I mean - as I understand it, there already is a patch that adds support for it so...) Or you are not implementing it because you don't like PulseAudio, and don't want it to spread?

There was some really long discussions on wine-devel... Between
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/ and
http://www.google.co.za/search?q=site%3Amail-archive.com+%2Bwine-devel+pulseaudio
you should be able to get an nice overview of the history... (The
"Fate of PulseAudio in WINE" thread seem to be the most recent one...)

As far as I can figure out, the planned architecture might be quite a
bit different than the current one, and might not leave room for
another driver.

AFAIK Windows OpenAL is already passed through to native OpenAL. (The
new driver should get the rest working as well...)

Gert