[Wine] Kernel 2.6.35 and .Net Framework

ncl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 12 03:33:33 CDT 2010

Is there anyone who can run .Net Framework 2.0 with the stable kernel 2.6.34 or 2.6.35?

I can successfully install dotnet2 both with kernel 2.6.33 and 2.6.35, but can only run it when booting into kernel 2.6.33. With kernel 2.6.35 I don't have the permission as user to run dotnet2, and get an access denied.

An example:
Running AGS (Adventure Game Studio) with kernel 2.6.33 works fine. But with 2.6.35 (2.6.34) I got the following error:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access denied
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean FirstModuleOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainModule()
at AGS.Editor.AGSEditor..ctor()

If I try to install dotnet 3.0 booting into kernel 2.6.33 it seem to install without any problem. Installing under kernel 2.6.35 (2.6.34) it failed with an access denied. A work around is to add "Permission everyone" to the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Security\ServiceModel 3.0.0.0 and then reinstall
dotnet3. It now seem to install successfully, but I can't test it - because I have no program running dotnet3 and dotnet2 still give me an access denied.

I have tried to give access to everyone under dotnet2, but without success. Any solution?

I'm running Ubuntu lucid 64 bit (wine 1.2 rc7 - 32 bit).