[Wine] wine 1.1.4 and 2nd soundcard (alsa)

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 04:20:08 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 17:41, Michael Renner <michael.renner at gmx.de> wrote:
> Moin,
>
> I am using a kind of VoIP Software (Echolink) that run perfekt with the build
> in soundcard. But I want to use my headset, that appears  as soundcard 1
> (hw:1.0).
>
> I can choose the soundcard in Echolink (default, external and system default),
> but this goes to the build in card  independent from this setting.
>
> Can I configure wine to use the 2nd card? Or can I configure wine to use the
> 2nd card only with this application. I found some instructions, but for the
> old config-format.
>
> Thanks for any pointer!

First of all, your wine version is quite old. You should upgrade to
latest wine (currently 1.2-rc7, or wait for 1.2 that will be out soon)
and retest (preferably using a new wineprefix [you'd have to reinstall
your app]; see http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617c53607e583f6e6ff70a4ac9522d490faf
for details)

Frédéric