[Wine] Re: wine and ms money 97

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 12 11:56:36 CDT 2010

vincent ac-aix-marseille wrote:
> Hello,
> I use ubuntu 10.04 LTS - le Lynx Lucide and wine 1.1.42 (windows not
> installed and application default parameters : win98).
> i've tried to install microsoft money 97 that seems to work correctly
> (100% ok) until the end of the process when the following message (in
> french) appears :
> "la tentative d'enregistrement automatique de SCHANNEL.DLL dans la base
> de registres du système a échouée"
> "schannel.dll automatic registry record failed"

Is the app installed at that point? Have you tried to run it? The error message may not matter.

The AppDB says Money97 is garbage, but that's based on ancient test reports.

As others have said, uprgrade Wine. If that doesn't fix it, run it from a terminal and post whatever messages appear. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal