[Wine] USB key (smart card) program say: card not found

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jul 14 00:19:41 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 03:25, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Gert:
>
> I have to use a Smart Card reader at my workplace.  I plugged in a generic
> card reader and it needed usbccid.sys to run.  It may be possible that there
> is a Linux (generic) driver for this type of card reader (this is like the
> reader that AmEx used to distribute with the Blue Card.)  Dell keyboards
> also come with an embedded reader and there is NO Linux driver available
> from Dell for them.
> Now, these things have to work under Linux, we use them.....

http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid.html seem to have drivers for
generic smart card readers... I assumed that it would be part of the
kernel (like USB UVC, Mass storage and HID)... Quite strange that the
kernel have support for vendor-specific devices like Dallas
Semiconductor's 1-wire device but not for a (similar type device)
generic USB class.

For it to work under Wine, some kind of interface to whatever driver
is present should probably be needed though..

(I don't have any smart card devices to test / use)