[Wine] Re: Trouble with libgsm on Mac OS X 10.6.2

ralniv wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 14 00:57:19 CDT 2010

Below are my instructions for getting a libgsm friendly version of Wine compiled on SnowLeopard.  I assume that you already have wine-devel installed and configured to your liking.  I also assume that you use MacPorts for package management.

[1] Uninstall wine-devel

Code:
sudo port uninstall wine-devel

[2] Edit the portfile for wine-devel.  It is located at:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/x11/wine-devel

Change "--without-gsm" to "--with-gsm"

[3] Download libgsm source from:
http://libgsm.sourcearchive.com/

[4] Copy libgsm source to ~/Desktop and extract it there

[5] Compile and install libgsm per instructions below:

rwoodsmall (with minor path edits and added spaces for clarity) wrote:

> Code:
> cd ~/Desktop/gsm-1.0-pl13
>
> GSMOBJS=""
>
> for GSMSRC in add code debug decode long_term lpc preprocess rpe gsm_destroy gsm_decode gsm_encode gsm_explode gsm_implode gsm_create gsm_print gsm_option short_term table ; do
>   gcc -g -arch i386 -m32 -dynamic -ansi -pedantic -c -O2 -Wall -DNeedFunctionPrototypes=1 -DSASR -DWAV49 -I./inc src/${GSMSRC}.c -o src/${GSMSRC}.o
>   GSMOBJS+="src/${GSMSRC}.o "
> done
>
> libtool -dynamic -v -o lib/libgsm.1.0.13.dylib -install_name /usr/lib/libgsm.1.0.13.dylib -compatibility_version 1.0.13 -current_version 1.0.13 -lc ${GSMOBJS}

Then do the following:

Code:
cp inc/* /usr/include

ln -s /usr/lib/libgsm.1.0.13.dylib /usr/lib/libgsm.dylib

[6] Recompile wine-devel

Code:
sudo port install wine-devel

A note for people interested in playing LOTRO (and probably DDO too) from Mac: You must configure wine to run in windowed mode for LOTRO to initialize and launch properly.