[Wine] Re: DirectX troubles - Running Civilisation IV: Beyond the Sword

WarKirby wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 14 15:08:03 CDT 2010

I have done a new wineprefix as stated. Winetricks worked correctly, and I installed d3dx9_26 and msxml3.

Civilisation still will not start, though. So I next tried installing:
d3dx9
d3dx9_28
directx9
msxml4

Still, not working. The error message is the same as it ever was, about failing to initialise the renderer.

I installed Civ4 on a different drive, not within the wine directory. So I did not reinstall it. Does this seem a necessary thing to do? I have no issues running Poser 7 and various other wine apps from additional drives.

The appdb does not appear too helpful: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16878

I await farther instruction. Any other ideas?