[Wine] Re: For what reason the "official" Wine does not suppo

cledesol wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 15 02:31:02 CDT 2010

Sven wrote:
> Because the USB support patches didn't integrate properly with the current wine infrastructure. There was/is someone working on it though, and after the release of wine 1.2 (probably this week), patches to implement USB support will be accepted again. Patches to do this were not accepted before the release of wine 1.2, because USB support would never be ready before the actual release.

Thanks to sven and James for the explanations

My need about Wine and USB is for a GPS update software (Navigon Fresh).
They do not plan to port it to Linux.
The software run with Wine but cannot acces to the GPS connected to an USB port.

I will try to compile myself and test what's hapen ....

Regards