[Wine] Re: [1.2-rc7]-Really High CPU % Running Steam?

scottydog wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 15 10:16:14 CDT 2010

Followed the instructions in: http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting

Installed and configured git
Compiled Wine
Backed-up my old wine directory
Installed Homesite

ran:
git bisect start
git bisect good wine-1.2-rc6
git bisect bad wine-1.2-rc7

What now? Am I supposed to recompile again? This is where I'm lost and the instructions are not clear at this point.

The other problem I have is that this is the computer I use to make a living. I normally wouldn't run unstable code, but the stable version makes using Homesite very difficult. The unstable version fixed almost all of the problems I've had until now. Is it possible to run dual versions? So I can use rc6 for my day job, and test with another?