[Wine] [1.2-rc7]-Really High CPU % Running Steam?

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:31:37 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 17:16, scottydog <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Followed the instructions in: http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting
>
> Installed and configured git
> Compiled Wine
> Backed-up my old wine directory
> Installed Homesite
>
> ran:
> git bisect start
> git bisect good wine-1.2-rc6
> git bisect bad wine-1.2-rc7
>
> What now? Am I supposed to recompile again? This is where I'm lost and the instructions are not clear at this point.

Now you have to compile ('make') the code, and test the version (using
the wine you just compiled, so use full path)
If it works, just say 'git bisect good' (meaning this version is
good); if it doesn't, use 'git bisect bad' (meaning this version is
bad)

> The other problem I have is that this is the computer I use to make a living. I normally wouldn't run unstable code, but the stable version makes using Homesite very difficult. The unstable version fixed almost all of the problems I've had until now. Is it possible to run dual versions? So I can use rc6 for my day job, and test with another?

Yes, you have to use another wineprefix. See
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617c53607e583f6e6ff70a4ac9522d490faf

You'd have to install your application in this new "windows installation" first.

Frédéric