[Wine] For what reason the "official" Wine does not support USB ?

Marc Chamberlin marc at marcchamberlin.com
Thu Jul 15 12:10:26 CDT 2010

  On 7/15/2010 9:48 AM, John Drescher wrote:
>> James -  No I am not using any of the security software that came with the
>> Passport. In fact I removed all of it. I strictly use the drive to run the
>> various PortableApps (www.portableapps.com) so as to have a set of common
>> tools/data as I switch between Windows and Linux systems.
>>
> Then the drive should be directly mountable under linux.
>
> John

John - Yes, the drive mounts fine initially. I use Fat32 format since I
want to use the drive both under Windoz and Linux. It was not until I
started using wine to run my PortableApps that I start having problems
with it. If I simply mount the drive under Linux, I can use other Linux
utilities with it just fine. But once I tried to use Wine - rc7 to run
the apps on it, then the usage of the drive broke and it started to act
as if it was a read-only device, with file corruption problems occurring..

     Marc..