[Wine] Re: "taskbars" or "windows lists" in Wine

Itacious wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 15 13:23:45 CDT 2010

Gert van den Berg wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 17:59, DaVince <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > When you say taskbar, do you mean Wine's taskbar in the virtual desktop? Because Wine doesn't have any.
> >

> Seems like a basic X server with a Windows window manager under Wine
> is involved... (No *nix desktop environment...)
>
> Gert

Pretty much. I'm trying to get a Win32 desktop environment running on top of Linux and X; without using a seperate X window manager. It's sort of like an experiment to see if it can be done.   It's just whatever API call is used to get the list of open windows isn't working. Or is there even an API call for that or is it some low-level Windows voodoo or something? 8)