[Wine] Re: The file is not marked as an executable??? How to?

QuicheLoraine wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 15 14:23:04 CDT 2010

Thank you for replying. While I am not a complete novice, let's just assume I am...I read the bug report, which seemed to be mostly developers and folks who have much more experience than I. Other than what I had already attempted before my initial posting, much of which was suggested there- added the install to the applications, tried command line install, tried to double click the icon on the desktop and right click and open with Wine with the icon on my desktop, the autorun and setup, tried to select "read and write" for owner, tick the "execute" button under properties>permissions on all three, even downloaded the binary extras (am I missing something?), I am stumped. Likewise when I right click and try to "run with Autorun prompt" it says it cannot find the autorun, and right clicking on properties, half the time it says the permissions for "cdrom0" cannot be determined. Is there a step-by-step command line fix or workaround that you or anyone else knows of? How to make Ubuntu recognise and execute an executable. Thank you.