[Wine] SendEvent

nyquist wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 16 19:29:11 CDT 2010

Had a question about Wine ignoring the X11 SendEvent method, specifically for something using "xdotool" as follows:

"xdotool type --window $wineWindow test"

Basically, I would like to know if it is possible to configure or recompile wine to accept and act upon events received in the above manner; and if it is possible, how can I do it?

Currently, any input in such a manner is ignored by wine, completely, whether it is sent to a wine virtual desktop or otherwise

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)