[Wine] cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\Command.com"

Ben2K wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 18 02:42:03 CDT 2010

Trying to install Quicken Deluxe 2009 with the latest Wine 1.2 release on Ubuntu Lucid. I keep getting errors, the first of which is:

Code:
cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\Command.com"

Also get this dump and trace output (http://tinyurl.com/2w43tws), which was a bit too long to embed. There were some popups too, that I didn't capture.

According to the DB, the app is rated Silver. I've seen the same Command.com error in a number of different forum posts for different apps, but no real solution. Even tried uninstalling Wine, and deleting the ~/.wine directory (a real Windoze approach), but nothing changed.

Suggestions?
 [Crying or Very sad]