[Wine] Is it possible to enable a register setting via command line

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Jul 18 10:57:43 CDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 10:11 -0500, yossarianuk wrote:
> Also - for Martin Gregorie's idea - do I need to compile wine with new
> prefix or just launch wine with --prefix=/home/wine2 (for example)

Not quite. It should be like this:

WINEPREFIX=wine2; wine myapp

However, if you're going to run the wine app from a wrapper script,
which is often more convenient for something that will be run a lot,
this is probably better (everything between the start/end lines is the
script:

================start of my script======================
#!/bin/bash

export WINEPREFIX=wine2
cd $WINEPREFIX/path/to/the/exe
wine myapp $*

Of course the script must be made executable:

	chmod u+x myscript

The $* idiom passes all the script's command line arguments to the app,
so you can run it as:

	myapp arg1 arg2 "arg3 is a String with spaces"

Martin