[Wine] Re: Native libpq.so instead of libpq.dll?

Cigydd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 18 18:56:14 CDT 2010

> You can't avoid the compile part.

This is obvious. I agree.

> It's still a win32 program.

Yep.

> > And is this what WINE does in particular?
>
> No. Wine implements win32 API on top of POSIX, Xorg, and few more APIs.

A bit lost here. This I already know and agree but what's then the principial difference between the mentioned "shim" library and WINE beside the amount of code?
Is it that the library would convert the Win32 calls to that of the ELF library and manage thread synchronization etc. but WINE doesn't convert, manage or synchronize anything - it just implements what the Win32 applications are trying to call, so the whole Win32 API…?

--Cigydd