[Wine] Re: problem with libraries in MS Access XP

paloi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 18 19:39:34 CDT 2010

gillx wrote:
> Thanks for advice, the problem is solved. But there is another. If I want to open existing database, there is this error: Microsoft Access cannot open this file. This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems. To open the file, copy it to your machine or an accessible network location

Following this forum I solved the same problem of the jet4 dll, but then I hit the same: "This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site. <application name> will not open the file due to potential security problems. To open the file, copy it to your machine or an accessible network location."
... which I think I solved installing last Internet explorer via winetricks following same approach as for jet 4.
(Note that I manage to do it in CrossOver8, but I guess is the same for Wine.)

The idea from my solution came from reading this post http://chir.ag/tech/?23 and some other suggesting to add new trusted zones via Internet Explorer, which I did not need to do, as after installing Explorer, it was already able to open the files.

I admit the solution is a bit dirty, because running explorer Inside Linux is like leaving home every morning with the backpack full of stones, but it is also not very clean running Office inside Linux. I guess we do not have other option, as Open Office is very good for Word processing and spread-sheet but still not able to deal with MDB access files.