[Wine] Re: The perils of GMAX

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 19 18:17:40 CDT 2010

Thanks, Bryan.  I'll bet there was a time when we could have made beautiful scripts together.  I learned UNIX when I was working on staff at the University of Waterloo for a couple of years.  I needed a break.  This was in 1980, and when I left, I went back to sales support on main frames, so there wasn't much scripting there.

When I started out, the Byte hadn't been invented by the It  Beats Me company.  That happened the year we were evaluating the first main frame for the bank I was working for at the time.  The I've Been Moved company interfered with the board of directors and got a year's delay so they could announce the /360, but it didn't do any good.  We now really needed the machine, and the /360 wasn't deliverable at the time of the announcement.  We went with NCR because they had a lot of American banks already and had drivers we needed for the cheque sorters.

So, I go back a long, long way.  Microcomputers?  What?  You've got to be kidding.  [Laughing]