[Wine] Re: Native libpq.so instead of libpq.dll?

Cigydd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 20 10:27:14 CDT 2010

To be more specific on my cause, the application that I originally wanted to use the libpq.so is developed in Delphi 5 for Win32. So it would be too much work to port it to .NET/Mono.
My original question if it is possible to use native Linux libraries via Wine was clearly answered: No, it isn't possible because of different API and ABI.
If we decide to port it to Linux, the best solution is probably FreePascal and Lazarus IDE. That's cross-platform based and the Object Pascal dialects in Delphi and Lazarus are quite compatible. The ported application will then use native Linux libraries :-)
In the meantime, we'll try to run our application under Wine on Linux, using the Win32 versions of the libraries.
I already found a small bug so look forward for it.
Thank the whole Wine team for such a great project.